Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Jojo and Mom working on a burp.














Rylee getting a little cuddle time with Madison.











Well we have spent the last several days agonizing over child care help. What do we really need? Do we trust someone with the twins? (No, we have issues.) We explored live in, live out, part time, and full time. A full time nanny will run you about $2000 per month. Many expect health insurance and vacation. (And that is not someone with a medical background.)
I was picturing more of a baby sitter I guess. I was not planning on having to withhold taxes and pay for health insurance. We finally broke down and called in Kari's sister, Rebekah, who agreed to come help out for awhile.

We didn't want to impose on family any more than we had to, but how can you trust some stranger to look after two premature infants. Kari is going to need someone to take at least one feeding per day so that she can get some sleep when I am on a trip.

That is the plan for the moment and we at least feel better about coming to some sort of decision on the matter. It had been stressing us both out.

I would ask Kari, "What do you think we need?"

"I don't know." was the reply.

"Do you want someone living here?"

"I don't know what do you think?"

"I think that you are going to be the one that needs the help while I am gone."

"Look at this one," Kari would say, pointing at the thousandth nanny profile we were looking at. "She looks like a tramp."

"She looks normal to me."

"She is only 19. She is too pretty"

"Well..."

"Do you love me?"

"Yes, I love you."

"What about this one?" She says, pointing to a much Larger nanny.

"I don't know. Does she know CPR?"

"What are we going to do?"

"Should we hire an illegal alien?" I asked, "We wouldn't have to withhold taxes."

"NO."

"Well..."

"Will you go make some more coffee?"

"Ok, what do you want for dinner?"

"I don't know."

"Pizza?"

"I am sick of pizza."

"Chicken, steak, pasta?"

"I don't know."

"You have to give me a little help here."

"I DON'T KNOW."

"I will go make coffee. Will you warm up the bottles?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home