Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Look Ma, No Tubes

Great News!
Madison drank out of a bottle for the first time last night. She did great, finishing 32 cc in 10 minutes with no problem breathing at all. They will still run a tube down her nose to her stomach for further feedings. She will only get one bottle per day until she is strong enough for more. I guess they get tuckered out easily at this stage. She is now 3 lbs 11.4 oz. And to top it all off, she gets to wear clothes now. I can't tell you how happy we are with her progress.
Unfortunately I did not get to feed her that first bottle because another little girl was having heart surgery and the NICU was closed while that was going on. (I heard the doctors tell the parents that it went well and their daughter is as pretty on the inside as she is on the outside. I suppose that is comforting, but I am glad nobody know how our girls look on the inside.)
Jordan has broken the three pound mark. She is now 3 lbs 1 oz. I don't know if that is a major medical mile stone, but it sure is a major physiological mile stone for me. She will be off the CPAP some time today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home