Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

The last couple of days have been very busy. Kari and I have been trading off going to the NICU. Because of my schedule and the shift change schedule at the hospital we have been keeping some odd hours. Kari didn't get home till 3:45 a.m. on Friday morning and I tried to let her sleep as long as possible before going to the hospital and then off to Honduras. I just got back in this evening and had a few minutes with my wife before she was off again. Since I got here at 9:30 p.m. Kari left at around 10:20 p.m. so as to arrive just before the shift change ends at 11:45 p.m. Tomorrow I am off to L.A. but should be back in time to avoid the shift change when I go down after work. Maybe we can get on a daylight schedule next week. We are trying to be there for as many of the bottle feedings as we can. It seems important to us right now.

As you know, Jordan got her first bottle on Friday. I was very pleased with how well she did. However, I was a little disappointed that I did not get to feed her. They called and said that if we wanted to feed Jordan her first bottle that we needed to be there by 2 p.m. I drove like a maniac (not really...just a few mph over) to get down there in time and then the therapist, after getting me into a gown and sitting me in the chair as if I would feed Jordan, proceeds to feed my daughter for the first time and says that they have to give the first bottle to make sure that the baby can handle one. It probably doesn't sound like a big deal, but it was quite a let down. I guess I was feeling a little of the "Don't tell me how to raise my kid" feeling. I think by now I can handle feeding a baby a bottle.

I just want to take my kids home and not have anyone else poke and prod them for a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home