Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Don't forget to say thank you.

I am afraid that I only make posts about all the crappy things that happen to us. There is so much to be thankful for.

I am thankful for:

My beautiful, strong, stubborn wife.

I don't think that I would be doing as well if I were in her shoes. With all that she has been through she has really been a trooper. She even had an excuse to "take some time off." Her doctor thought that her postpartum depression was severe enough that she should spend some time in the hospital away from the stress of all the kids. She refused. If I had a good excuse I might have taken a few days away. Although, I think being away from the kids would have been less helpful than just having some help. Which brings me to the next thing that I am thankful for.

My Mother.

Who dropped everything and came to the rescue. I am sure that we would have carried on if she had not been able to come, but she really saved us. The stress level dropped remarkably when she showed up. I think that it was really a load off Kari's mind to have a little more support. It is so nice to have some more people around that you can trust completely, who see what needs to be done and do it without having to be asked. Thank you Mom.

I am thankful that my kids are alive. There were a few moments that were a little touch and go.

I am thankful that our twins are off oxygen.

Kari and I were discussing how much more connected we feel to them now that we can see their beautiful little faces. Not that we didn't love them before, but (and I hate to admit this) they really seemed like just a chore. Up till now they were work that needed to be done, like taking out the trash or mowing the lawn. Getting those tubes off their face is a major victory for us and they now really look like little babies to us.

For all the prayers that are sent our way every day. I believe that they are the reason that our twins are here at home with us.

For some sleep. Both Kari and I were at the end of our ropes. Running on fumes. Burning the candle at both ends. (You get the point.)

For our beautiful toddlers. They have dealt with the baby invasion better than I thought they would. They are really good kids and I love them to death.

For all the friends and family who have been there for us.

And for too much more to list here. The kids are starting to fuss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home